Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blogger Meetup With Audi

I had such a wonderful time last night!

At the invitation of a blogger whom I've long admired but never met in person, I went into NYC after a hard day of work and spent some quality-time getting to know someone new.  Her name is Audi and her fashion-blog is here.

As you can readily see, Audi has an interesting and individual style.  She puts together outfits with creativity and panache.  I always enjoy her posts and suspected I'd like her as a person.

That was an underestimation -- Audi is palpably charming, highly intelligent, deeply informed and cultured in ways I respect.  I found her to be enchanting and our time together flew like mere minutes.

Audi was passing through town for business and she offered me the chance to dine with her.  We went to one of Manhattan's nicer restaurants (Seven) which was a perfect forum for long conversation and quality food.

I've learned, from a few meetup experiences, that there are dimensions to people that don't come through online.  Even reading someone's blog regularly doesn't convey important information about the person.  Meeting in person is essential to really getting to know someone.  I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to  learn more about Audi and enjoy fun times with her.  Life can be grand, if you let it!

15 comments:

  1. Blogger meetups are the best! I'm glad you had a chance to have dinner with Audi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! Audi is one of my favourite bloggers! I'm so envious of all these meet-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Audi.
    Thank you so much for introducing her to us. She has amazing style. It looks like I will now be spending my day going through her nearly 850 posts, but I won't call my day unproductive because I'm sure to walk away with some great inspirations. I'm calling it life improvement research day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so awesome! I would love to meet Audi - she's one of my favorite style bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently met up with a fellow blogger who--get this--works just down the street from my boyfriend's apartment! That was definitely fun. Of course, we haven't talked much since, so I might have scared her off...

    The Tall Blonde Artist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cool! Two of my fav bloggers getting together. I'm even wearing my Audi and Mark harness today. Life is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody wants to meet you. Duh! I'm going to check out her blog now.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely wonderful! I am so glad you enjoyed your dinner with Audi. From one picture I can tell I will like her already! :)

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's really cute. And I like her style. Glad you got to meet yet another blog pal in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following Audi for a while. I'm so glad you got to meet. I'm glad you expressed the wonderful multi-dimensional aspect of meeting a favorite blogger. I think we get a picture in our minds of what someone is like from daily photo poses, and the reality is much more beautiful - and of course, interactive :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Ally, is this your 4th blogger ?
    How amazing.. ! You do get SO MUCH MORe out of a 5 minute conversation with someone that reading them on the blog. It makes that final connection :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll check her out. I like what's she's wearing in the photo. Glad you had a good time in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was delightful to meet you in person, Ally! Thanks for your sweet comments; it was a real joy to spend some time getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so great you get to meet bloggers in person. I have yet to do that. I do agree that you can definitely miss some amazing qualities until you meet individuals in person.
    She looks like she has some great style too.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete