Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Wild? Or Demure?

I was in a creative mood tonight.  I played around and experimented.

I created an outfit out of several old pieces.  Because I incline toward bright, bold colors, I toyed with those.  The result, I fear, is too wild.  Too bright.  Too crazy.  That's my style, but I worry it is too extreme for you.  So I tried something else.  I took most of the same elements and made a more demure look.  In monochrome shades of gray and black.

What I'm going to do is show you the second outfit tonight and the wilder outfit tomorrow.  That way you can view each on its own merits.  I'm curious which you'll prefer.  Or if you'll even accept my wild side.  When I go crazy, I really go crazy!

Here's the conventional, demure look...






12 comments:

  1. well i for one don't think anything is too wild. but i love this outfit--it's so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving you two thumbs up AND a bag o' chips. May I suggest retitling this post "Office Hottie?" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hairband, metallic flats and the lace tights. I look forward to your wild looks! Your looks do not have to be confined to the office or the regular 'norm' so why be confined by the conventional. I totally admire your boldness and look forward to your outfit experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan. And it's precisely because my fashion exists in the realm of imagination -- and doesn't have to confront the concerns of real life -- that I'm free to explore the outer edges. My guiding light is more pure aesthetics than practicality.

      Delete
  4. I really love the demure look on you- very pretty (and the texture of the tights and skirt adds a really interesting touch). You know me, all about the colour, the wilder the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty look, Ally. I'm excited to see what constitutes a wild look for you.

    I love that you gravitate towards bright colours - don't worry so much about what "we" think about them! It's you you should be pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant! I adore how this look has spunky elements like the patterned tights and headband, but it remains wonderfully classic. This is kind of the epitome of paying attention to detail in an office outfit to make it your own. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I do like this one. But I am also waiting with great anticipation for tomorrow's post! Because I love wild, crazy expression in wardrobes. Have you seen the blog, "Pull Your Socks Up?" She is so very inspiring for this reason. You may really enjoy her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the scarf!
    http://weallarequeens.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super classy looking! I love it! I am curious about the "wild" look too, but this one is really lovely Ally. I especially love your tights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this too - my fave are the tights.

    ReplyDelete