Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After

I hope you all had a nice holiday.  I did.  Visited two groups of close friends and shared good food and company.  What did you do? 

I just got some fun pieces of clothing and jewelry from Megan and Ashley which I can't resist wearing.  Normally, I plan an outfit in my head, but this time I reversed the process -- I added disparate items without any idea how they'd end up.  The process was fun and, in the end, the result is interesting.

The unusually-colored tights came from Ashley and the wildly contrasting socks came from Megan.  Putting them together is a choice few would make, but I'm out there on the creative vanguard exploring new frontiers.  :)  The polka-dot top came from Megan and I laid it on top of a plain black dress in the absence of a suitable skirt.  The cute earrings and glam wristlet were lovely gifts from Ashley and add fun accents.

What do you think?  What different choices would you have made with these pieces?


 

 


 
 

 

16 comments:

  1. you look great! your outfits are always so much fun. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet of them! i like the braided belt next to the polka dot top.

    glad you enjoyed the holiday...we had a nice time as well!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like the sock on sock you have going on... very clever :)
    I stayed home for CHristmas, which was good for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit. I like the look of wearing socks with heels, but I'm not brave enough to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Ally! The polka dots are fun and the pink color on the socks is a neat contrast! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so fun! I know you love bright tights - I was thinking of you when I layered my tights AND wore fun socks with them! You are so cutting edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tights and socks together! maybe for your next outfit you could have accessories to match them but keep the rest of the outfit plain so the pink really pops! Love it! :-)

    Fashion Burger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I love the top on you. When I saw it, I thought I'd snag it for me, but it was your size - so I had to get it for you. Also you know me, I adore socks, so I totally would do something like that.

    Well you read about the biggest event of my Christmas, but I also saw Les Miserable and the Hobbit and saw my dad and his girlfriend, my mom, one of my best friends, got lots of cards and gifts from blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink on pink with the black. You look so very holiday ready.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look wonderful, Ally - I wouldn't change a thing! Somehow this outfit recalls the very best of the '80s, and that top is particularly awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look lovely! I love belt/top mix and the pop of colour from your socks and tights is lovely! I totally didn't expect that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't change a thing! Those socks look fab with the pink tights, I might have to try that myself! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing Ally!!! I still am SO JEALOUS of your legs!! You were made for mini-skirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the pink on pink, especially because they are different shades! Megan and Ashley must've coordinated somehow! :)
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's very "runway"!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete